You may know a lot about birds, but did you know...
- Birds can't sweat, and use up to three quarters of the air they breathe just to cool down.
- Birds hearts beat about 400 beats per minute while resting, and 1000 while airborne.
- The New Zealand Kiwi bird is the world's only known wingless bird.
- The Fieldfare bird attacks its enemies by pooping on them.
- American Turkey Vultures can detect cracked or broken fuel pipes underground, pointing them out to engineers who can then fix them.
- The Pitohui is the only known genus of poisonous bird in the world.
- About 12 percent of all known bird species are now listed as endangered.
- Vultures will urinate on their own feet to stay cool and kill bacteria.
- Eagles can carry up to four times their own weight while flying.
- Turkey Vultures defend themselves by vomiting.
Test your bird knowledge with more little known facts
and WIN 10% OFF YOUR NEXT PURCHASE.
Til next time.